Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lesson 52 - Methods of Relaxation




Well today I had a lesson I wrote for you on the iconic Buddhist work of art: The Wheel of Life but Blogger had other plans for my lesson. It would not allow the interactive tools I had spent much time writing html code for, so I will continue to work on that for a future lesson. In proper Buddhist thought there is no need to be concerned, we just happily move along right? No attachments, no worries. : )

Today I have a great gift of the dharma for you, two very short videos on the understandings of Relaxation. These two dharma talks come from a friend of mine, whom I lovingly refer to as "Lama Z" (giggle) His name is Zachoeje Rinpoche Or Za Rinpoche as many call him. He is one of the high recognized lamas of Tibet. He was recognized by the Dalai Lama to be the sixth reincarnation of the great Zachoeje lama from eastern Tibet. Listen to how Za Rinpoche speaks of who we really are in part 2 and where the "I" we so love to refer to REALLY exist. It is my hope to introduce you as westerners to this great teacher. Through the blog post that I make, I always wish to give you names of teachers and various modes of dharma transmission because I feel this is very important. In this day and age I feel it is so important to reach people through all the ways of communicating we can. That is why some dharma entries on this blog are in written form, some are in video or audio form and with a variety of teaching styles in an effort to reach all. Please enjoy these two video dharma teachings from one of the greatest teachers we are priviledged to have teaching in the west. If you would like to learn more about Zachoeje Rinpoche copy and paste this link in to your browser for his center located in Arizona: http://www.emahofoundation.org/

*Note Za refers to the Sky Like Meditation. Tomorrow I will give you a detailed written dharma lesson with instructions to preform the Sky Like Meditation. It is a great meditation!

Part 1


Part 2

No comments: