Monday, July 30, 2007

Lesson 11 - Don't Embarrass the Buddha




This week I have a special treat for my dharma friends. A Video Dharma talk! I think that many westerners who have not attended dharma talks have an idea of a stiff ritual enviroment but this is not the case usually. Lamas and Dharma instructors usually are very funny people who love to laugh and help you see where you can laugh at yourself. Make no mistake about it though there is good solid dharma here. The person who I have chosen for your dharma talk is a master at this approuch his name is Tsem Tulku Rinpoche he was recognized by His Holiness the Dalia Lama as an incarnation and was instructed by him. I think you will find this a wonderful addition to your dharma instruction. Check back later this week for a look at some of the deities and figures in Buddhism. I will start a series of entries of this subject. The first dieties we will look at are the female deities White Tara and Quan Yin. Enjoy today's dharma talk!

No comments: