Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A little about your teacher



My name is Priyanka Lian Hua (given Buddhist name)Kristi is my english name given to me prior to my buddhist name change. I grew up in a buddhist family so buddhism has always been a part of my life. At age 13 I took formal refuge vows in the mahayana tradition and received lineage transmission. I continued my studies in New York where I attended Chuang Yen Monastery for regular practice. At age 27 I received Vajrayana initiation empowerment (Vajrayana is a Sanskrit word that is a conjunction of vajra which may be translated as diamond, thunder or indestructible and yana or vehicle). Since that time I have trained under several Vajra masters and instructed via web courses students in the preliminary practices of Buddhism. I look forward to sharing with you the wonders of Buddhism.

No comments: